Friday, January 26, 2007

Perspective on Bush Rationalizers

It's late but I just wanted to post these two paragraphs from Mahablog:
I know a lot of you don’t want to listen to any plan that doesn’t include a precipitous withdrawal, and I’ll get to that in a minute. But I want to bash David Brooks first. It’s been a while.

BrooksWorld is a place where critical thinking (along with accuracy) is in short supply. He spends the first half of his column whining that violence and disorder in Iraq are getting worse. Then he whines that Democrats are bad people because they don’t support the strategies that have allowed violence and disorder in Iraq to get worse.

David Brooks is far from the worst of Bush's defenders but I get very tired of his relentless efforts to create rational-sounding loopholes for the gang that can't shoot straight. If David Brooks wants to help rebuild the Republican Party, he's going to have to do better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home