Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ronald Reagan Was Wrong about Health Care---in 1961

I can't help emphasizing that I've known honest Republicans all my life. But with people like Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Rudy Giuliani and a hoard of Congressional Republicans in the back pocket of the health insurance industry, honest Republicans are a bit overwhelmed these days.

One of my favorite commentators on the national scene is Cynthia Tucker. She quotes Nicolas Kristoff today but she also added old video of Ronald Reagan railing against Medicare. Little do people remember.

I know Ronald Reagan was charismatic and many voters found him reassuring but the truth is that he often didn't know what he was talking about. America's economic decline can be traced to Reagan's first year in office.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home